Monday, January 12, 2009

Public Speaking Skills for Children

I teach a Home Ec class each week, and the semester ended January 12th. For the last class, I had each of the girls make a brief presentation about the two special projects they did outside of class.

The audience included other children and adults, and - from a child's perspective - it looked like they were presenting to quite a few people.

I think it's important that my daughters have opportunities to make presentations to people of all ages - especially since they are homeschooled. They can be very comfortable talking one-on-one and within a family, but they need to be equally comfortable talking in front of others.

This was an good introduction to public speaking for my daughters, and something that they appeared to enjoy doing.

No comments: