Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Work in Progress...Create a Picture with Felt Shapes

I've been working on an activity book for Sophia and Olivia when they travel in the car or want something to do at home.

These are all the items needed to create this page in the activity book.

The book is made from wool felt. All the pieces are hand-cut and then hand-embroidered. When two sheets are complete, I blanket-stitch them together to make a "page." I use the grommet tool to put two grommets in each page.

In addition to being a good book for children, it also would be appropriate for people for who have Alzheimer's Disease who are looking for soft, sensory-rich activities to do.

After the book is complete, I will be making a PDF pattern and making it available at Harvest Moon by Hand (my shop on Etsy).

No comments: