Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Day Tea Towel

This is a hand-embroidered tea towel that I made. The bird and heart were from a free pattern on the internet. The lettering was from a font I had on my computer (it's called Curlz MT).

This tea towel was made for a swap on Swap-Bot. I'm going to make another version for my kitchen since my daughters liked the color and design so much.

Have some more complex designs that I want to embroider as well. With the cold weather here for the next couple of days (temperatures below zero at night and single digits during the day), it looks like I'll be spending more time indoors.

Embroidery is a nice way to pass the time and create something pretty and useful for the home.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

I love it! I've been doing lots of embroidery myself.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Thank you! I relaly enjoyed embroidering this tea towel. Have some more projects I want to begin this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh so lovely! The only thing is I am not sure I could ever use it! :)