Friday, October 1, 2010

SEWvenir Quilt Block

I made this for a swap on Swap-Bot - called SEWvenir Quilt Block (round 1). Am also going to make a version for a personal quilt as well.

The swap is going to be a series in which a person can collect SEWvenirs from other places without the expense of going there. Each quilt block that I will receive will be from a different state or country.

What I'd like to do is make a quilt that has the quilt blocks from the other places as well as a copy of the one that I sent to other people.

This block is 12 1/2" x 12 1/2" (12" block size with 1/2" seam allowance). There are a variety of different cotton fabrics that I hand-embroidered together onto the white cotton backing.

The embroidery stitches used were the back stitch and blanket stitch.

No comments: