Thursday, April 5, 2012

P52 Photo Challenge - Foolin' Around - Week 14

This week's theme for the fourteenth week of P52 is Foolin’ Around. Today, as I walked around the yard I noticed butterflies (the first ones I've noticed this season) sunning themselves on the bark chips under the plum tree; and flying around the plum tree and landing on its little white flowers.

Even though I'm not particularly happy about
the house and birdfeeder in the background,
I do like that the photo included both a butterfly and bee.

The butterflies were eagerly drinking the nectar in the blossoms - sometimes holding onto the petals upright, other times sitting on the blossom tops, and other times hanging upside down. If butterflies could be having fun, fooling around, and enjoying spring...the ones I saw today definitely fit this description.

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

4 comments:

Rita said...

Great shot! Even if you didn't like the background, I like it. :)

Cristy said...

I love the photo. Do you know what type of butterfly it is?

Mrs. T. said...

GREAT shot. I had to enlarge it to find the bee. Did you realize you had it in the viewfinder? or discover it after you took the photo?

Unknown said...

Great photo.