Saturday, September 15, 2012

30 Days of Lists - Days 8-15

For the 30 Days of Lists, I've completed days 8-15. Here's what the pages look like:

Day 8: Out My Front Door.

The labels say:
=> Lots of birds.
=> The dogs playing.
=> Colorful leaves.
=> A place to learn, play, and explore.
=> At times, I see small airplanes flying overhead.
=> Hundreds of trees.
=> Giant ragweed.
=> Star, constellations, and planets at night.
=> A see hummingbirds and butterflies at the feeder and garden.

Day 9: Today You Can Find Me

The labels say:
=> Thinking about the holidays...
=> What does Halloween look like as we celebrate it on our own?
=> How can I honor the memory of  Dad at Thanksgiving?
=> What traditions are the most important ones to keep?
=> When should I present the legacy gifts to everyone - before or after Christmas?
=> What type of service projects will we be involved with this year?

I am at My Best When - Day 10 - 30 Days of Lists
Day 10: I am at my best when...

The labels say:
=> I'm surrounded with views of nature.
=> I'm not hungry or thirsty.
=> I get enough sleep.
=> The dogs and cats are near me.
=> I can share my skills and knowledge.
=> Things are quiet and peaceful.
=> I'm working on my own, and not for someone else.

Favorite Scents and Smells - Day 11 - 30 Days of Lists
Day 11: Favorite Scents and Smells

The labels say:
=> Lavender
=> Vanilla
=> Sandalwood
=> Patchouli
=> Peonies
=> Roses
=> Tangerines
=> Lilacs
=> Scents that remind me of...
...my dad - C.O. Bigelow Barber: Elixir Blue
...my mom - Maja by Myrurgia
...My grandpa - Old Spice
...My grandma - Roses

Fictional Places I'd Like to Live - Day 12 - 30 Days of Lists

Day 12: Fictional Places I'd Like to Live

The labels say:
=> Shangri-La
=> Atlantis
=> Roxaboxen
=> Pooh Corner
=> WIlly Wonka's Chocolate Factory
=> Noisy Village
=> The North Pole
=> The Emerald City

Dinner Party Invitees - Day 13 - 30 Days of Lists
Day 13: Dinner Party Invitees

The labels say:
=> My entire family - those living and those no longer with us.
=> Henry David Thoreau
=> Harriet Tubman
=> Clara Barton
=> Eleanor Roosevelt
=> Ghandi
=> Mother Theresa
=> Jesus
=> Buddha
=> George Washington
=> Abraham Lincoln
=> Barack Obama
=> C.S. Lewis
=> Astrid Lindgren
=> Maya Angelou
=> Princess Diana
=> Lucille Ball
=> Laura Ingalls Wilder
=> Amelia Earhart
=> Charlie Chaplin
=> Mozart
=> Sting
=> Bono
=> Audrey Hepburn
=> Meryl Streep
=> Katharine Hepburn

I Know I am Getting Older When - Day 14 - 30 Days of Lists
Day 14: I Know I am Getting Older When

The labels say:
=> My hair is mostly gray in the front.
=> Words I intend to say come out as something else.
=> I've known people for decades not just years.
=> I can get so tired...and every once in a while going to bed at 8 p.m. and sleeping until 5 a.m. is necessary to function.
=> I look at something and can't remember the word for it.
=> Older family members are dying - leaving me as the "next in line."
=> I believe the music I listened to as a teen and in college was more complex and better written than what is being produced now.
=> I hear myself say, "When I was your age...."
=> I can remember NOT having:
...a microwave
...color t.v.
...air conditioning in the house or car
....power windows on the car
....a cell phone
....a personal computer or laptop

(As a side note, this has been my least favorite list to do. A couple of the labels are things that I have been thinking about recently that have been bothering me - like the trouble with finding the right words for things as well as thinking a word and I say a completely different word. It's moderately troubling given that my dad died of Alzheimer's Disease in January and my uncle just passed away from Alzheimer's Disease about a week ago.)

I Know I am Young at Heart When - Day 15 - 30 Days of Lists
Day 15: I Know I am Young at Heart When...

The labels say:
=> I went on the seesaw with Sophia and Olivia.
=> I enjoy seeing my childhood toys.
=> I made a miniature snowman on Leap Day.
=> I love seeing fireflies in the backyard.
=> I am easily entertained by the pets.
=> I play in the snow and make forts with them. (The "them" I am referring to means Sophia and Olivia.)

5 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

It's so interesting to read lists that make me pause and think and I like that! Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment so that I could visit with you as well.

Rita said...

These must have been such fun to do! :) :)

Lisa said...

I just saw your dinner guests list and had to smile -- I have to finish my list, but it includes Laura Ingalls Wilder, Audrey Hepburn and Katharine Hepburn too.

GypsyDi said...

Very clever idea and enlightening too... would make kind of a neat Christmas gift for someone.. some personalized lists.... hmmm... lots of inspiration.
Thanks for posting.. found you on IMM blog hop.
Diane
Treasuringgrace.blogspot.com
allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com

Create With Joy said...

Enjoying your lists... keep inspiring!

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joycom