Saturday, April 5, 2014

Easy Bathroom Drawer Organization

During March and April I'm doing the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge. Throughout the challenge, I'm also trying to create more orderly and efficient spaces within the home.

Two areas that pose an on-going challenge is the dental drawer and make-up drawer. As I was looking at Pinterest, I came across a pin that led to My Home Look Book that suggested using silverware dividers to separate each person's toothbrushes and paste.

The drawers in the bathroom are not wide enough to do that, so I put toothbrushes in one divider; and floss, toothpaste, mouthwash, and dental tools in the other divider. In the back are some extra mouthwashes and dental floss picks for children.

    
Before and after pictures of the dental drawer.
One suggestion I was given on the 40 Bags in 40 Days Facebook page 
was to cap each of the toothbrushes to prevent the spread of germs and infections.

The other drawer that needed organizing was the make-up drawer. I first went through the drawer and tossed any items that were outdated; and any items that could go into the medicine cabinet (e.g., unopened toothbrushes).

Then I sorted the items based on what I use each day and what I use periodically. The items I use daily are in the left container and the ones used less frequently are in the right container. Now, when I get ready in the morning, I just need to pull out the left bin and all the items I need are right there.

   
Before and after pictures of the make-up drawer. 
Items that I use daily are in the left-hand bin; and 
items used less frequently are in the right-hand bin.

Why I never did this before today is beyond me. This was such a quick and easy way to organize two drawers.




No comments: