Friday, April 4, 2014

Homemade Natural Facial Cleanser

I've been wanting to try this homemade facial cleanser for awhile now after seeing a pin for it that led to Green Boot Living.

Ingredients for making homemade facial cleanser
along with a pump bottle from the co-op.

It's a simple recipe that uses only a few ingredients:

1/2 cup liquid castile soap
1/2 cup rose water
1 1/2 tsp of apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil, or olive oil
7-10 drops of essential oil

The original recipe used 7-10 drops of rose hip seed oil. I chose to do a blend of essential oils:

2 drops rose essential oil
2 drops jasmine essential oil
6 drops ylang ylang essential oil

To make the cleanser, simply mix the ingredients together, and pour the cleanser into a small pump bottle.

Adding the castile soap to the dispenser.


Although the cleanser is a bit more watery than what I'm used to, it does not require a lot to wash one's face. There are some suds from the castile soap, but not an excessive amount.

The finished soap before I put it on my face.


The scent is very mild. Even with the rose water and 10 drops of essential oils, there isn't a strong scent. I may double the drops of essential oils if it I can't smell the scent as much as I would like to tomorrow morning.

This was an easy cleanser to make and my face does feel very clean after using it. It will be nice to have a natural, homemade cleanser that's gentle on my skin.

No comments: