Friday, April 25, 2014

Peace Blend with 3 Essential Oils

One of the things I enjoy doing is mixing different essential oils to create blends. When I came across directions to make something called "peace blend" on Pinterest I thought the scents together would smell nice together.

Natural Remedies Now included three essential oils in the mixture: patchouli, cypress, and bergamot. When I looked to see what I had on hand, I took out four different essential oils: patchouli, bergamot, and two substitutions for cypress - cedarwood and fir.


It ended up that there was no more cedarwood essential oil in the bottle, so I used the remaining three oils and followed the recipe:

3 drops patchouli
2 drops cypress (I used fir instead)
2 drops bergamot

It is suggested that the oils be placed with about 78-80 ml of water in a diffuser. However, I chose to put them in a small container of jojoba oil.

Initially the oils didn't seem strong enough, so I doubled each one. The scent is a bit stronger, but certainly not overpowering. I do like how the trio of essential oils smell together. I may add another round or two of the oils to make the scented jojoba oil smell stronger.

No comments: